About Us Corporate Social Responsibility
Charities / Organisations
Shepherd Offshore aims to maintain a strong reputation as a good corporate citizen. We continue to work with and support local communities, business and our partners in the interests of enhancing the local area and the region through responsible business practices and strategic regeneration.
Additionally, as a key part of our Corporate Social Responsibility, we have a long history of investing in our community through the support of local charities and organisations that have a positive social impact.
Here are some of the organisations that we have donated to in the past:
Charities / Organisations
- Alan Shearer Foundation: The Foundation directly supports the Alan Shearer Centre in Newcastle upon Tyne, a highly specialist, disability, respite, residential and social provision for people with complex disabilities and acute sensory impairments.
- Children’s Safety Education Foundation: The Children’s Safety Education Foundation’s (CSEF) aims are to promote and further the Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education of children, young people and their parents throughout the United Kingdom.
- Children’s Heart Unit Fund (CHUF): CHUF provides lifelong support to children and young people who are born with or who develop heart conditions.
- Building Futures East: Building Futures East is a community regeneration and social enterprise charity, seeking to improve the quality of life and opportunity for individuals, as well as the quality of the environment in which they live.
- Pottery Bank Community Centre: The Pottery Bank Community Centre’s mission is to provide an inclusive quality service to people of all ages in Walker.
- The Road to Recovery Trust: The Road to Recovery Trust’s aim is to transform the North East of England into a region with one of the highest rates of abstinence-based recovery from addictions in the country.
- Percy Park RFC: Percy Park Rugby Football Club is an English rugby union team based in North Shields, Tyne & Wear.
- CLS Amazons FC: Shepherd Offshore has supported CLS Amazons FC through donations to cover equipment and training costs since the football club was formed in 2005 and Bruce Shepherd O.B.E. is a patron of the club. The football club now has 11 teams and almost 200 female players and provides the opportunity for girls and women of all ages and abilities to play football in a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment.
- Soccer Aid: Soccer Aid is an annual British charity football event, where football players from around the world play against the England football team to raise money for UNICEF UK, through ticket sales and public donations.
- Metro Radio Cash 4 Kids: Metro Radio Cash for Kids is a grant-giving charity helping the children that need it most across the North East and North Yorkshire.
- Walker Riverside Academy: Walker Riverside Academy is an 11-19 aged all ability Academy, committed to providing a quality education where the individual is valued and respected.
- Save the Children: Save the Children is a global charity, leading the way on tackling problems like pneumonia, hunger and protecting children in war, while making sure each child’s unique needs are cared for.
- Crisis UK: Crisis UK provide vital help so that people can rebuild their lives and are supported out of homelessness for good. They offer one to one support, advice and courses for homeless people in 12 areas across England, Scotland and Wales.
- West Walker Primary School: West Walker is part of the Newcastle East Academy Trust (NEAT). Their dedicated and caring staff work hard to meet the needs of every child, providing a safe, secure and stimulating environment, committed to developing positive relationships between children, staff, parents and the wider community.
- St Anthony’s Padua Church & Community Association: Working in the North East, the charity specialises in the delivery of a range of care services to support continued independence for adults in the community, including Home Care, Day Care and Extra Care Housing.
- MacMillan Cancer Support North East: MacMillan Cancer Support is a national charity, helping people with cancer live life as fully as they can, providing physical, financial and emotional support.
- Triple S Sports & Entertainment Group: Triple S Sports & Entertainment Group is a sports, talent management and marketing agency providing 360-degree holistic representation and management service for our clients and customers, as well as managing Soccer Aid.