Our Services – Lifting Design Solutions
At Shepherd Offshore, we structure and design our fully-managed contract lifting operations to best serve our stakeholders. With a complete understanding of targets and objectives, we implement safe and innovative solutions with a ‘user friendly, can-do’ attitude. Supported by our experience, facilities, capacity and capability we strive for excellence.
If you have a complex or challenging lifting project, we can develop & design a safe & suitable lifting solution. Our Technical Team are supported by a partnership philosophy involving our Management, CAD Technicians, Appointed Persons, Lift Supervisors, Crane Drivers, Health & Safety Department enabling us to deliver each and every time.
Our lift assessment process
- We review your product, cargo or equipment information and handling instructions
- We review any generic or specific objectives
- We ask and listen to your lift history and any lessons learnt
- We confirm the specific complexities and characteristics of the load itself
- We make the correct asset selection of crane or equipment
- We assess the correct crane or equipment position
- We confirm load stability, both while being lifted and maneuvered
- We assess and confirm load route and transfer speeds
- We make the correct selection of lifting arrangement accessories and ancillaries
- We confirm the load position
- We define the lifting area and route, to include ground conditions, proximity hazards, environmental factors, over-sailing zones, lay down area, and SIMOPS
- We assess spacing for crane rigging and dismantling
- We identify job specific lifting team roles and responsibilities
- We define a comprehensive risk assessment of the scope
- We develop a crane berthing plan
- We assess the environmental factors that will affect the crane and load
- We communicate and discuss project plans with all third party stakeholders
Our technical team
We start by working closely with you, to fully understand the objectives and challenges of your lift. This process is supported by our technical team, which includes management, CAD technicians, appointed persons, lift supervisors, crane drivers, and our health and safety department – and enables us to deliver, each and every time.
No job too complex
Our team has the extensive skills and knowledge to deliver, whether it’s a 355mt tower section for a wind turbine, a 410mt wire rope reel with an out-of-sync center of gravity, or a six-point lift of a 3t umbilical termination end that requires to be passed 400m interfacing with 4 cranes.
We know that no two projects are the same, and our versatility allows us to provide industry-leading solutions from one-off lifts to complex projects on a vast scale.
We’re here to solve your lifting challenges – safely
Shepherd Offshore deal with all aspects of your lifting project, from understanding your objectives and the complexities of your cargo and equipment, to the planning and design of your lift.
This includes a rigorous risk assessment and evaluation of any safety and environmental issues and the continuous review of all immediate and secondary factors.
We support our approach with our internal audits programme and the control of our management system, which ensures we meet ISO18001 requirements.
Our creative approach results in success
Whatever the challenge, we’ll design a creative lift solution to encompass the complexities of your lift and ensure the safety of people, product equipment, cargo and environment at all times.
We have the right people for the job
We select each member of staff for their expertise, as well their commitment to the successful completion of each job to our customers’ satisfaction.
We have the tools and facilities for the job
Shepherd Offshore has one of the leading waterside facilities in the UK. Our crane capacity enables a comprehensive capability that can meet the demands of any complex or challenging project.
We know communication is key
We understand that keeping the lines of communication open between everyone is vital to your project’s success.
To ensure that we keep you informed on the current progress of your project, our management, technical and commercial team coordinators hold regular client enquiry meetings.
Our project management and technical team ensure regular communications to reduce stress, save time and provide peace of mind for all parties.
Talk to us
To hire or use our facilities with the support of our expert teams, please get in touch. Call us on +44 (0)191 262 9614 or email firstname.lastname@example.org