Our Services – Decommissioning Marine (Dry dock)
Shepherd Offshore has one of the largest dry docks on the east coast of the UK. At 217m x 32m, it is supported by developed infrastructure heavy lift capabilities and services on each side.
Decommissioning works in the dry dock are supported by our skilled team of technical and practical personnel, who are experienced in handling a multitude of challenging industry projects.
With an established pool of resources to call upon, we consistently deliver highly successful projects and outcomes.
Past projects include:
- 2008 – 10: The manufacture of four 90m concrete structures for Tyne Tunnel 2, which were used to build a 1.6km tunnel under the river Tyne
- 2012 – 13: The manufacture of a 700T floating pontoon for Humberside Port Development
- 2013: Vessel demolition – Ice Maiden decommissioned on behalf of A&P Tyne
- 2015: Docking repairs to vessel – Bibby Sapphire
- 2015 – 2017: World first – bespoke design and manufacture of wind turbine gravity base towers, each made up of 1,800m³ of concrete and weighing over 15,000T – BAM Nuttal EDF Blyth Wind Turbines
Strategy and execution
We know that the development of a solid decommissioning strategy is key to the mitigatation of risk and the minimising of costs – in full compliance with regulations.
We’ll work closely with you and your team to identify the critical project specific issues, and then develop acceptable cost- minimising solutions without compromising on operational safety, or the quality of environmental controls.
Proven track record
We have a proven track record of delivering support in a responsible and timely manner. With the ability to provide efficiency and flexibility, we work hard to avoid costly delays and keep your decommissioning project on track.
Talk to us
To discuss your decommissioning needs, call us on +44 (0)191 262 9614 or email firstname.lastname@example.org